Wednesday, August 17, 2016

High Porosity Growth/Health Challenge













 High Po's Stand up,

So my girl Adrian Hey gurl hey, Just did a Big Chop congrats Love <3.  She also did the porosity test and found out she is a High po Clapping hands and stomping feet.  Well she asked me if I could do a High Poroisty Growth/health Challenge.

Of course I can, so first I had to look at the Struggles and the issue High Pos deal with and what best would help us maintain healthy hair and receive growth.

Challenge Starts Sept 1/16-Feb 1/17 6 months and you can join either my Facebook page:

Mamadaye's Facebook page

Or 
Follow me on IG and tag me
https://www.instagram.com/mamadaye/

  • Just comment you want to join the challenge and take photos of your front, side and back of your hair. (Comment under the pic posted above in both facebook and/or  Instagram)
  • Check in will be every 4 weeks.
  • Write down all the issues you are having with your hair and decide what challenge you are taking.

I have made a couple of suggestions in the video and this blog.  However I know that we as naturals or even High porosity have the same issues or hair.  So you can make this challenge fit for your needs.



So these are the steps for Moisture maintenance for High pos"
Wash/co wash multiple times in a week or multiple times in 2 weeks.  (Your preference)
Deep condition with every wash
Protein treatment
LAOC/ LAO/LAC method to maintain moisture
Refreshing Refreshing, Greenhouse effect, or bagging method
Trimming


  • 1.  Wash day ( either wash/co wash) hair 1-2 a week ( I noticed when swimming 3x a week my hair grew so fast.  Which tells me the more washing the more growing ( in my best cave man voice ).



  •  2. Deep Condition (weekly)  For me this is a must every time I wash my hair. This will bring moisture to our hair and allow for detangling.   I deep condition for 15-20 minutes and I use the Huetiful steamer.  Steam, heat for DC is great for our hair.  Yes it opens our already open cutlicles up but it also helps the water to infuse in our medulla of the hair structure.
(Now when it comes to Co-washing You dont have to DC.

  • 3.   Protein Treatments:  Now High porosity hair is prone to breakage and split ends due to the cuticle of the hair being raised and when we manipulate our hair with detangling, styling we increase our risk of hair breakage because our Keratin is weaker making our cuticles prone to breakage. 








To prevent that breakage we use Protein treatments to increase the keratin and strengthen our hair.  Now its important to note that If you do a Protein treatment make sure you follow with a moisture DC.  Its strength first moisture last.

I will be Protein treatment monthly and trying to see if I use GreenBeauty hydolized wheat protein liquid in my HG DC as my protein treatment and even put it in a pray bottle with 2/3 water and 1/3 Wheat protein I can use that as a refresher/strength.

  • 4. LAOC(Leave in, Aloe, Oil, Cream/Butter) /LAO( Leave in Aloe, Oil) /LAC(Leave in, Aloe, Cream/Butter) methods.
Finding the right method to help moisture retention is KEY for high pos.  So I will be folling the LAOC method to help maintain moisture in my hair.

  •  5. Refreshing:  there are going to be 3 ways you can refresh your hair.
 Easiest on is use spray bottle with water and pump of leave in.  Spray on your hair at night cover your hair or sleep on a satin pillow like me and go to bed. I refresh my hair every Friday.

Or

Green house effect: My girl Michelle does a great video on Greenhouse effect.  I LOVE the greenhouse effect.  I will be using this weekly 1x a week for moisture retention.

.

 Bagging method:  This is a great example of the bagging method.
 Bagging method focuses on the ends of your hair vs the green house focusing on all your hair. 



  • 6.  Last is Trimming.  Again because of the Cuticles being raised we are more prone to split ends and knots.  Because of this I believe trimming on a schedule time is SO important to High pos.  By sticking with a faithful trimming you will see an improvement on your hair and growht.  So every 6-8 weeks have your ends trimmed.

Now you can decide which one works best for you and once your hair gets really dry that a sign to start all over.  Basically back to square on and wash your hair and follow the remaining steps.


Of course you don't have to follow my suggestions you can use your own.


Im excited to my First ever Length check and challenge.  Again Adrian thank yo for this idea and High Post Let grow some Health Long High Po hair.

Side note:  We all have different levels of Hair Growth so even though 1/2 inches per month is the "normal" rate of hair growth.  I understand that some have an even slower growth rate.  That is why I suggest pictures because a photo can show you the growth when you don't believe any has occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment