Thursday, January 3, 2013

Keeping Moisture




Okay Natural beauties and Gents, we all know that moisture is KEY for our Curls and coils! Water as you know, that High Quality H2O (lol in my best Waterboy voice) is our best source of moisture.  Now to say additional products such as leave in conditioners or aloe vera are just as good.  But if you would simple add water to your hair before going to bed, in the morning your hair will be refreshed and moisturized having set all night just enjoying that H2O ( of course under and bonnet or scarf) . This method is best know as the Green house effect.  



Now to seal that moisture in so it stays put and doesn't leave too quickly you are going to want to seal that moisture in and to do that we use oils.

Best oils are:
Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
Olive oil
 Argan oil




Why because these oil are small enough to go into the shaft of the hair to seal inside the hair but also seal the outside and protect your hair shaft.  Sebum the oil that our scalp naturally produces Jojoba oil is: non greasy; moisturizing hair oil. This oil is closest to your natural hair oil, sebum that is produced by the sebaceous gland.


Another option would be the Bagging Method.  This will Intel you using just leave in or condtioner on your hair at night and covering your hair with a plastic bag or cap  or Just bagging your ends of your hair if you are noticing slipt ends or dry ends.and then covering the plastic cap or bag with a scarf. 


 Bagging Method on Just the ends of 
your hair




Bagging Method on Your entire Head

4 comments:

  1. Yes Deidra so do I. I really am excited about it. I have learned so much and I am so excited to see how much healthier my hair will be now that I follow its steps to a healthy regimnet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Daye, great tip on the importance of using water in our hair. Black Hair Science:) I need to get that book. I've heard so many good things about it. *NaturallyMe35*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather it really is a good book. I went to the website first and read a couple of the blog-knowledge and love that so much I decided to purchase the book. I have an ipad so I bought it via kindle app and its alot cheaper than the paper back.

    ReplyDelete