Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trying for a Healthy me .....weight loss

So I have been doing Weight watchers now for about one year.....I have lost a total of 17.2lbs.  Its so low because all I was doing was learning to change my eating habits and not working out faithfully.  Now I did go walking here and there but not at a rate to help me lose weight.

So I decided to throw my weight number out here and make myself accountable via this blog.  So you all can make me accountable and say....girl where is that weight update lol.

I am also going to take a pic tonight and upload it.  Now I will be nice and not just wear a sports bra....ewww who needs to see my rolls :O.

Im want to state I am not doing this too fit into a size 0 or look good to other people...NO NO NO and I am most certainly not doing this to be accepted as perfect fit in the worlds eyes.  We and I do mean we as in even Super Models are not perfect!!  We are imperfect aka Normal.  I am doing this because I need to, I want to and I must in order to live longer, enjoy your life with my better half and to see my children future.

My family on my mothers side has heart problems. I'm talking in the past 10 years I have lost 4 cousins under of the age of 40 one be 24 years old whom have died because of congestive heart failure..aka the heart attack.  I fear if I continue living my life as such this will be my demise.  And lords will I can stop this with walking, aerobics, kinect (lol don't doubt dance central or zumba LOL).

SO here we go.
2013. Jan 2
Weighted in @........266.8lbs Im 5'10...............................eeewwww  uuugghhh I cant believe I just typed that.  I so want to delete this so Im signing off while I still have the nerve to post this.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck working towards your healthier life! Stay encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mama Daye! Kudos to you for sharing and for the courage it takes to do so. Just know that you are not alone in your quest for health and for doing the 'hard things' in life. I too am on a weight loss 'journey'...journey b/c it's not a quick thing. I've not been consistent in working out AND I kind of refuse to stop eating ice cream(my fav!!)... so I've decided I've got to eat smaller portions of my fav and not as often. Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday/cooking throws me off every year but the small changes I see in my waistline keep me getting back up on that 'workout horse' and keep going. I applaud your weight loss and your continuing journey. Keep us posted and yes, stay encouraged!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Deidra. I really am trying to make myself accountable.... Now mind you I have still not added my pic to make myself get it going.

    My fear is you know you look in the mirror and think Im not big I look the same, but then you take a picture and girl!!!!!!! Reality kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes that 10lbs the camera adds...I've been there!!!! Not a good feeling...I HAD to push myself b/c I wasn't even recognizing myself! LOL!! What I did is to pick a pair of jeans that's about 1 or 2 sizes too small and then work out at least 3 days a week and then try the jeans on every 2 weeks or so and the progress I began to see motivated me to keep going even though I stop exercising every 2 months or so..LOL!!!! I'm real bad about being consistent but I'm tired of all these rolls....gotta do something(gotta stop eating all this ice cream and cake, too). Keep pressing on...I'm gonna start back on this Monday...u comin' with me?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deidra I comin wit yah....yeah group effort love it!

    ReplyDelete