Monday, December 31, 2012

My 1st blog post

Okay so here I go.......My first blog


I have been Natural now for about 2 1/2 years and I decided to go Natural for two different reasons.

1st I have always thought our natural hair was just so beautiful!!! I remember um some 19 years ago :O...  When I was a senior in High school I wanted to do the transition from relaxed to natural hair.  Now at the time I started dating my boyfriend aka Now Hubby and he did not like natural hair, so then I was weak and went ahead and relaxed my hair.....

Move to 2009 I had a rare back condition and had to have emergency surgery.  The condition left me completely numb from the waist down.  I was able to walk (if that is what it was lol) but it was very minimal!!  I had felt completely lost and Felt I had no control in my life.

With that I decided to go natural again........(2nd I felt I had control of my hair even though I wanted to please my husband I felt ready and decided I wanted to please myself)  .My hubby shared his feelings of disapproval and I shared my thoughts.......(_____)! lol.  In the end I transition out and in May 2010  I went to the bathroom and chopped my hair.

I love it and because of my actions  my two daughters also have become natural as well.

Ps... My husband now loves my hair...lol  (We must not be afraid of the unknown because we may miss something that was great and meant to be)!

5 comments:

  1. Mama Daye, love your first post. Look forward to following your natural hair journey. *NaturallyMe35*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather. I also enjoyed your blog. The shake bags are awesome I will totally be stealing that idea. Right now Ive been buying Silk infusions and adding fruit. I love the bag idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steal away, Mama Daye!!! Lol. What are silk infusions? I'll have to research that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a soy protein shake... Im allergic to milk so I drink soy. They are sooooo good. THey come in peach mango, berry passion Black, blue, and strawberry and banana and strawberry. LOVE Them!!!

    I am a coupon lady so they are always 1.77 and I use a .75 coupon that doubles and only pay .22. SO its cheap affordable and good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ok, so they're pre-made? Sound yummy! I use to coupon but I've gotten out of it lately.

    ReplyDelete